Thank you for considering the Hernia Center of Southern California for your hernia care and for visiting our web site. We hope that we were able to provide you with the information you needed and answered any questions you may have had through the use of our web site. If you still have questions remaining, or need more information, please do not hesitate to contact us via email, phone or fax and we will be sure to get back to you promptly.
"It has been almost a year since you fixed the hernia repair of another doctor that hadn't gone so well. I wanted to thank you. The pain is virtually gone and I am able to exercise again. To be able to do things that so many people, and doctors, cannot is amazing."
- Andrew Albritton
However, if you would like to proceed further and schedule a consultation and/or surgery, rest assured that you will have chosen true "hernia specialists" who take your specific, individual needs into consideration first and foremost. We understand each of you is the only you with needs and circumstances unique to only you. We strive to provide you with the knowledge to put your mind at ease, and with the respect, care and attention you deserve. To become a patient with the Hernia Center of Southern California, just complete these three easy steps:
1. CONTACT our office at (626) 584-6116 or (877) 2 - HERNIA (437642)
between the hours of 9 am - 5 pm Monday through Friday, Pacific Time
2. COMPLETE and PRINT these PATIENT FORMS and either MAIL them, FAX them or BRING them to our office. You will need Adobe Reader to view the forms. If you do not already have it, get it FREE here:
3. READ the patient INFORMATION below
"Thank you for all your help and patience and the wonderful job you did in every way. I was very nervous and you put my fears at ease. Thank you for helping me with getting my life back together again and letting me live life again - both normally and back together again. You are always in my heart and prayers.
I can't thank you enough."
- David T. Surbeck
THE DAY BEFORE SURGERY
- Do NOT take any food or drink by mouth after midnight. This is just to be sure that you have an empty stomach at the time of surgery
- Do NOT take aspirin 10 days prior to surgery
- Do NOT smoke, drink alcohol or chew gum after midnight
- If your doctor told you to take medication prior to surgery, please do so with only a small sip of water
- Children under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian - please leave small children at home
- Arrange transportation home after surgery, as you WILL NOT be allowed to drive yourself home
"Dr. Albin, Nancy, Luisa and all the staff were courteous, efficient and compassionate . My surgery went very smoothly and I am very satisfied with my results."
- Michael B. Henderson
THE DAY OF SURGERY
- Please arrive at the Hernia Center of Southern California at the scheduled time
- Please take a shower and wash your hair before coming to the Hernia Center
- Please DO NOT have any nail polish on your fingernails the day of surgery
- DO NOT use any adhesive on your dentures prior to coming to the Hernia Center
- Please DO NOT shave the surgical site as this will be done for you prior to surgery
- Wear loose fitting, comfortable clothing which will be easy to remove and put back on
- Please bring all medications with you that you are currently taking
- Please DO NOT bring valuables, jewelry, cash, extra clothing or suitcases
Complete Post-Operative Hernia Care instructions will be given to you upon discharge.